Domestic Violence Shelter for Single Women, Single Men and Families - Family Tree
Main Office - Family Tree
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Roots of Courage, formerly known as Women in Crisis, provides emergency shelter and support services for abused women, men, transgender, and gender non-conforming individuals with or without children. Services for shelter residents include:
- 24-hour crisis line
- Case management
- On-site health clinic
- Legal advocacy referrals
- Parenting support
- Safety planning
- Transportation assistance
- Referrals to housing and community resources
Limited, call for specific information
Call for more information or to complete an intake.
The best way for agencies to make a referral is to have the survivor call the crisis line to speak with an advocate.
Service animals (dogs only) are permitted with documentation. Call for details.
English, Spanish, Language Line Available
Women, men, transgender, and gender non-conforming individuals who are victims of domestic violence and their children.
For individuals with children:
- Children under age 18 are accepted
- Individuals ages 18 and older will need to qualify on their own as a victim of domestic violence
- Children over the age of 18 will be considered if they are dependents (i.e., have a disability)