Affordable Residential Energy Program - Energy Outreach Colorado
Energy Outreach Colorado
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Provides free efficiency upgrades through Colorado's Affordable Residential Energy Program (CARE). The services provided include:
- Project management
- Energy audits
- Management of contractor quotes
- Navigation of rebates and funding sources
- Energy conservation education
- Equipment replacement (lighting, insulation, HVAC, low-flow fixtures, etc.)
Call, email or visit the website for more information.
If eligible for the program, water heater replacement may be covered if there is a health or safety issue necessitating replacement.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must live in a participating Colorado county
- Income must be at or below 80% of Area Median Income for residents' county
- Must be serviced by a participating utility company
Fees or Charges
Landlords will pay a percentage of the fees for renters.