Affordable Energy Program - Energy Outreach Colorado
Energy Outreach Colorado
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Provides free efficiency upgrades to help lower bills and use less energy through Colorado's Affordable Residential Energy Program (CARE). These services may include:
- Project management
- Energy audits
- Management of contractor quotes
- Navigation of rebates and funding sources
- Energy conservation education
- Equipment replacement (lighting, insulation, HVAC, low-flow fixtures, etc.)
Call or email for an application.
Must complete and submit application with income verification and documentation of health/safety issue
Owners and renters are eligible for this program.
Residents must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must live in a participating county (subject to change)
- Income must be at or below 80% of Area Median Income (AMI) for residents' county
- Residents must be serviced by a participating utility company
- Must have an underlying health or safety issue that would benefit from efficiency upgrades
Fees or Charges
Landlords will pay a percentage of the fees for renters.