Aids individuals in understanding what health-related benefits are available to them, navigating them through the application process, and educating them on how to get the most out of their benefits. Benefits in Action program works primarily with the following assistance programs:
- Connect for Health
- SNAP (Food Assistance)
Call to complete an intake and to schedule an appointment.
Individuals interested in applying for assistance must provide the following documentation:
- A valid ID (driver's license, social security card, passport, etc.)
- Proof of legal residency (birth certificate, naturalization card, etc.)
- Proof of income, if applicable (pay stubs, W-2's, SSI or disability payments, etc.)
- Proof of assets, if applicable (bank statements, etc.)
- Proof of household expenses, if applicable (rent/mortgage bills, phone bill, child support payments
Provides referrals to other organizations nearby with additional benefits and services if required.