Disability Picture ID Bus Card - Independence Center

Independence Center

Data Provided By
Pikes Peak United Way - PPUW
General Information
Description of ServiceProvides a disability ID card to use for reduced bus rates with Mountain Metro Transit.
LocationEl Paso County
Geographical AreaEl Paso County
Facility/ADA AccessFull Access
Intake ProcedureWalk in for services Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. — 3:30 p.m., or call for more information.
Intake RequirementsYou will need your up-to-date Colorado ID, and one of the following to show proof of disability:

Your Social Security Insurance (SSI) or Social Security

Disability Income (SSDI) award letter

Medicare card

Med 9 Form (obtained from Colorado Department of Human Services)

VA Disability letter showing a 50% or more disability

If you do not have proof of disability, we have a special form you can pick up and have it signed by your certified medical practitioner, i.e. Physical (MD or DO), Physician’s Assistant, Licensed Physical or Occupational Therapist, Mental Health Therapist, Registered Nurse, or Registered Rehabilitation Counselor. You will need to return to The IC with this signed form, your old yellow bus card (if you have received one in the past), and your up-to-date Colorado ID.

If you do not have an up-to-date Colorado ID, we accept temporary application proof from the Department of Motor Vehicles, DMV (prior to receiving ID), or a proof of residency such as your lease or utility bill. Your name and address must appear on the lease or utility bill. You must also provide your out-of-state ID.

Disability Picture ID bus card:
If you already have a yellow bus card, this new card will replace your old card. If you have never received a yellow bus card, you will begin with the new bus card. You may only have one bus card.

Bring your up-to-date Colorado ID, proof of permanent disability, and your old yellow card with you (if you have received one in the past) to The IC. The old yellow card will be destroyed. The new card will have your photograph on the card and we will take your photograph while you are at The IC. You will leave The IC with your new card as long as you have the proper certification. Please remember that this card is not transferrable. Any lost cards will require a $5 replacement fee.

The IC is the only issuing agency working with the City of Colorado Springs Transit Services for this new card.

Other helpful information:
We can also provide information and an application form ONLY for Disability Parking Placard, Metro Mobility and Amblicab Paratransit Services. Only persons with proof of disability can apply. Please see information above for proof of disability.
Client Information
Languages SpokenEnglish, American Sign Language
EligibilityAdults with disabilities.
Fees or Charges
Types of FeesNo
Hours of Operation Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
* * * * *    
Mornings Afternoons Evenings Nights
* *    
Contact Information
Contact's Phone (719) 471-8181
Physical Site Address 1 729 South Tejon Street
Physical Site City, State, Zip Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Main Phone (719) 471-8181
TDD Phone (800) 659-2656
Service Location Email info@theindependencecenter.org
Web Address www.theindependencecenter.org
Additional Information
Affiliated Agency, Programs, and Services
Affiliated Agency: Independence Center
Affiliated Program: Independence Center
This Service: Disability Picture ID Bus Card - Independence Center
Taxonomy Postings
Posted to Categories: Certificates/Forms Assistance (FT-1020)
Disability Related Transportation (BT-4500.6500-170)