Hospice and Palliative Care - Mercy Regional Medical Center
175 Mercado Street
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Provides in-home hospice services and in-home care services. Services provided are customized per individual.
- Skilled Nursing
- Personal Care Services
- Social Work
- Spiritual Care
- Collaboration with Physicians
- Manage side effects of treatment
- Address changing goal of care
- Assists patient with understanding their care options and quality of life
- Assist with understanding of benefits/burdens of treatments (tests, surgeries, radiation)
- Enhance patient and family support
- Provide spiritual and emotional support
- Assists with care planning options including home care, rehabilitation, telehealth, long term care or hospice
- Assist with discharge planning, home care, extended care or hospice
- Grief counseling and bereavement support
La Plata County
Archuleta, La Plata and Montezuma county
Call to schedule an assessment.
Must have a referral from a physician that the patient is in need of home health services or in the last stages of a terminal illness for hospice care.
Referral may also be required from case worker if the patient is going through the Long-Term Care Medicaid program.