Public Transportation - Northeast Colorado Association of Local Governments
Northeast Colorado Association of Local Governments
Data Provided By
United Way of Weld County
Description of Service
Prairie Express buses operate on a fixed route and schedule, but also provide Route-Deviation Services, Monday through Friday, within the Sterling area that are able to accommodate demand-response trips.
City of Sterling
Limited, call for specific information
Call to schedule a ride. Same day requests depend on space available and rides are available on a demand-response basis.
Follow these steps to ride bus or schedule custom ride:
- Select your route from map. Locate where you want to go and see if the route will take you there. If not, call Prairie Express at (970) 522-6440 to schedule your trip.
- Check the time schedule.
- Wait at the designated bus stop. (Route deviation passengers call Prairie Express to schedule your trip.) The bus stops are clearly marked.
- Board the bus after other passengers have exited. If you have difficulty boarding, ask the bus driver for assistance.
- Pay your fare when you board. Drop the correct fare in the fare box or show your bus pass to driver.
- Signal to exit the bus. Please advise the driver of your destination. Please remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
Visit www.necalg.com/contact to contact office directly.