Colorado 9-1-1 Emergency and Non-Emergency Dispatches
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Sends emergency notifications by phone, email and text to keep community members informed of events such as evacuation notices, utility outages, water main breaks, wildfires, floods and hazardous materials spills.
SC Alert is also used to communicate non-life-safety information, such as planned road closures, school delays/cancellations, community meetings, utility repairs and service interruptions.
- Click the "Sign Up" button on the right of the website's homepage, which will then redirect to the Summit County portal (CodeRED).
- Create a managed account and select your Community Groups, including traffic notifications and school groups. Please note that if you sign up for CodeRED emergency notifications outside the Summit County portal, you will not be able to subscribe to these local notification groups.
- Enter addresses, such as your home and work locations, to be notified of emergencies occurring in those areas.
- Add the SC Alert Emergency phone number (866-419-5000) to your contacts as "SC Alert" so that it will display in your caller ID.
- Add the SC Alert General phone number (855-969-4636) to your contacts as "SC Alert" so that it will display in your caller ID.