Provides the following assistance to the homeless and residents of Aurora in need:
- Food baskets
- Soup kitchen
- Personal grooming items
- Telephone access and address to receive mail
- Information and referral
- Financial assistance for photo IDs (does not include Driver's Licenses)
To serve the poor and homeless of Aurora by providing daily meals, emergency food baskets, personal care items, assistance in obtaining identification, access to telephones for local phone calls, referral listings for additional assistance, and an address to receive personal mail; spiritual needs are served (upon request) with Bibles, Rosaries and Christian literature.
City of Aurora
Walk in to complete intake form and interview with a volunteer.
The following documents are required for individuals 18 years and older:
- Valid, state-issued photo ID
- Original Social Security Card
- Proof of residency (first-class mail postmarked within 30 days, with Aurora zip code; OR bill from a local motel)
For individuals under the age of 18, the following documents are required:
- Original social security card
- Original birth certificate
Residency in Aurora. Proof of residency waived for homeless individuals or persons temporarily living with family/friends or motel.