Provides one-time only security deposit assistance up to $500 on a case-by-case basis for low-income families and single individuals who are moving within Adams County. Unit must undergo inspection and must have been built after 1978. Addendum to be signed by landlord; usually not more than half of deposit will be available in assistance.
Adams County; Cities of Fort Lupton, Keenesburg, Hudson, Lochbuie
Call for more information.
Clients must provide the following:
- Proof of identification (Colorado ID for all adults and valid Social Security Card for everyone in the home)
- Proof of income
- Living circumstances
It may take a few days after the 1st of the month for funding to be available to be distributed.
Clients must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have legal residency
- Verifiable and ongoing income is required; income from cash, babysitting or temp agencies will not qualify
- Monthly income must be $200 or more than monthly rent or mortgage
- Must be able to prove residence in Adams or Weld County (limited funds for Weld County) for the last 3 months
- Families with children must be able to pay remaining portion of rent owed prior to making an appointment (will need a landlord receipt or money order to confirm)
- Families with no children must be able to pay portion of rent owed prior to making an appointment (will need a landlord receipt or money order to confirm)
- All children must have health insurance (Medicaid accepted)