Burial Assistance (900 Jefferson Cty Pkwy) - Jefferson County Human Services
900 Jefferson Cty Pkwy - Jefferson County Human Services
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
Provides cash assistance to eligible, low-income Colorado residents to help with the cost of a funeral, burial or cremation.
Complete an application online using PEAK. Call or walk in to receive an application by mail or in person.
Documentation that may be required:
- Proof of residency of deceased individual
- Social Security number of deceased individual
- Proof of monthly income of deceased individual and spouse (if applicable)
- Proof of any resources of the deceased individual and spouse (if applicable) such as checking/savings accounts and life insurance
- Estimate of funeral, burial or cremation expenses
If not available, sign and submit an application and the Department will follow-up.
If these eligibility requirements for the State Burial Assistance Program are not met, refer to the General Assistance Program in Jefferson County, which also helps with burial expenses.
English, Spanish, Interpretation Available
Low-income residents of Jefferson County who were receiving, or were determined eligible for one of the following programs at the time of death:
- Aid to the Blind
- Aid to the Needy and Disabled
- Colorado Works/Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Long Term Care
- Health First Colorado (Medicaid)
- Old Age Pension