LEAP (900 Jefferson County Pkwy) - Jefferson County Human Services
900 Jefferson Cty Pkwy - Jefferson County Human Services
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Service
The Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) is a federally funded program designed to help qualifying low-income households cover part of their winter home heating costs from November 1st - April 30th. Once benefits are approved, LEAP can provide a financial credit directly to the heat supplier, or it can place the credit on a QUEST card to pay for a heating source such as wood, coal, propane, or for heat billed on a shared meter.
For clients who received LEAP last year and have not moved, an application packet will be mailed to their address by November 1st. Otherwise, visit the website to download an application. Mail, fax, or email a completed application and identification paperwork to Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado, which administers the LEAP program. Call Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado's LEAP (HEAT-HELP) line at 1-888-775-5327 for more information.
Clients must provide copies of the following:
- Most recent utility bill OR rent receipt if heat is included in your rent
- Proof of all household income (pay stubs, award letters, loans, etc.)
- Valid Photo ID
Valid forms of identification include:
- Colorado Driver’s License or Colorado ID card
- US Military or Dependent ID card
- US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card
- Native American Tribal document
- Call the LEAP hotline at 1-866-432-8435 or visit the website at www.EnergyOutreach.org to locate a partner agency who may be able to help. Please call first, as most agencies require an appointment to request an application. An application may take up to 50 business days to process.
- May also qualify for free weatherization services through the Colorado Energy Office Weatherization Program (1-800-462-0184).
- Pay home heating costs to an energy provider, fuel dealer, or as part of rent.
- Are a permanent legal resident of the United States and Colorado or have household members that are U.S. citizens.
- Provide proof of lawful presence in the U.S.
- have a maximum family household income that falls within the guidelines given below.
“Household” means people who live with you and for whom you are financially responsible.
Household Size Monthly Gross Income
60% of State Median Income
1 $ 2,371
2 $ 3,101
3 $ 3,831
4 $ 4,561
5 $ 5,290
6 $ 6,021
7 $ 6,157
8 $ 6,294
Each Additional Person $ 137