Emergency Rent Assistance (HPAP) - Greeley Transitional House
Greeley Transitional House
Data Provided By
United Way of Weld County
Description of Service
Offers emergency rental assistance once in a 12-month period for families based on their situation.
Cities of Greeley, Evans
Call 2-1-1 to complete a pre-intake to determine eligibility (see Eligibility Requirements). If determined eligible, call Greeley Transitional House and ask to apply to the HPAP program immediately, as a delay may result in ineligibility for assistance.
Clients will need to provide the following to Greeley Transitional House:
- Photo ID
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Income
- Current Landlord or property manager's contact information
- Proof of current employment or steady income in ability to pay ongoing rent
Family must be at 50% Median Income or below to qualify. 50% Area Median Income is:
- Household of 1: $28,650 (Pregnant women may qualify as a household of one and still meet the family with children requirement)
- Household of 2: $32,750
- Household of 3: $36,850
- Household of 4: $40,900
- Household of 5: $44,200
- Household of 6: $47,450
- Household of 7: $50,750
- Household of 8: $54,000
Referrals seeking future rental assistance will not be accepted.
The following eligibility requirements apply:
- Only families with child/children under the age of 18
- Must be behind on rent, but cannot be more than two months behind on rent or owe more than $2,000
- Must be at imminent risk of homelessness (14 or less days) due to landlord notice to move HOWEVER, MUST NOT BE SO CLOSE TO EVICTION (less than three days) that family cannot be helped
- Landlord must be willing to continue to work with family
- Family must be at 50% area median income or below
- Must have verifiable income through employment, SSI, SSDI, TANF, Workman's comp, etc.
- Rent cannot exceed 75% of client's net income
Example: Monthly net income of $1,500 with rent at $1,200 - $1,300 would not qualify