Maternal and Child Health - Eagle County Public Health
Data Provided By
Western Colorado 2-1-1 - WC 211
Description of Service
The Maternal & Child Health department has the following services available to those in the community who meet the program eligibility requirements:
- Physical exams for women and men
- Cervical, breast and testicular cancer screening
- Birth Control information and supplies
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections and HIV
- Health education and counseling, including information regarding abstinence
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Basic infertility services
- Referrals to other health and social services programs
Nurse Family Partnership:
A program in which specially trained nurses provide home visits to first time low income mothers beginning early in pregnancy and continuing through the first two years of s child's life.
Special Needs Children:
Health Care Program for Children & Youth with Special Healthcare Needs (HCP). Services include care coordination services, specialty clinics, traumatic brain injury resources and guidance on issues related to transitioning to adult life.
Women, Infants,and Children (WIC):
Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children. This is a federally-funded nutrition program that provides nutrition education, healthful foods and health referrals for pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women and infants and children up to age five. Citizenship is not required.
Family Health Coordinator:
Eagle County’s Family Health Coordinator focuses on providing outreach and case management services to pregnant women and children who are enrolled in Medicaid or CHP+ and those who may be eligible for these programs but are not currently enrolled.
100 W. Beaver Creek Blvd. 107
P.O. Box 3419
Avon, CO 81620