One Village One Family provides a 6-month support program called One Village One Family, which helps families with upfront housing costs, life skills training, and resource referral.
This program provides rental assistance, but families must apply and be accepted based on specific criteria to be offered this service.
Call to speak with the program manager and go through a screening process.
Families MUST have:
- Legal custody of at least one child under 17
- Reliable income or non-expiring aid
- Aid which will sustain long-term monthly rent
- Not currently on a lease or own a home
- No recent violent felony convictions
- The interest to meet with a volunteer group of supporters
- At least one caregiver who is a legal citizen in the US
- Desire to work within the program for 6 months
- Must meet specific income requirements