Program begins on Tuesday, December 26, 2018 - Monday, January 11, 2019. Residents of Fort Collins can drop off their Christmas trees at any of the sites listed below. Collected trees will be chipped on site and processed into wood mulch for residential use. All decorations must be removed from trees prior to drop-off to ensure contamination-free recycling. No wreaths, ornaments, tinsel, hooks, nails, plastic bags, or artificial trees will be accepted. Drop-Off sites include:
- Edora Park, 1420 E Stuart St (Tennis court parking lot)
- Larimer County Landfill, 5887 S Taft Hill Rd (Monday – Saturday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- Rolland Moore Park, 2201 S Shields St (Southeast corner of the parking lot)
- Fort Collins Streets Facility, 625 9th St (Southwest corner of Vine Dr and Lemay Ave)
- Fossil Creek Park, 5821 S Lemay Ave (enter from Lemay Ave)
- Wellington Recycling Drop-Off Site, Town Garage (Corner of 6th St and Grant Ave)
City of Fort Collins
Walk up to any of the participating sites to drop off a Christmas tree free of all decorations. Call or visit the website for specific hours.
Not available to commercial vendors. Christmas tree recycling is only available to residents.