Loveland - Disabled American Veterans Department of Colorado
Data Provided By
Mile High United Way - MHUW
Description of Program
Assists disabled American Veterans with transportation to the Denver and Cheyenne VA hospitals. 17 pick-up stops, ranging from Loveland to Wellington. Call for information regarding specific pick-up times and locations.
- Denver van runs on Wednesday (as drivers are available)
- Cheyenne van runs Monday through Friday (if passengers are scheduled)
Limited, call for specific information.
Call to make an appointment. Must be made at least 48 business hours in advance. (Weekends and holidays do not count in the 48 hours needed.) First come, first served.
Veterans must provide:
- Medical ID card
- Phone number
- Day and time of appointment
- Last four digits of social security number
- Destination (Denver or Cheyenne)
- Pick up location
- Type of appointment (e.g., Laboratory, Orthopedic, etc. not a clinic or physician's name)
Transportation to and from residences not available, unless for a verified post-operation, radiation, or chemotherapy appointment.
No wheelchairs or oxygen tanks can be accommodated.
Veterans may bring an escort one time only. A Physician letter with named escort individual is required for future trips.
One-time transportation to the VA Hospital in Denver or Cheyenne to obtain a medical ID card possible.
Must be in the VA system and be able to get in and out of the van by themselves.