Allows individuals to donate blood via center donations and mobile site collection.
Call for more information, walk in to donate.
- 18 or older (17 with parent consent)
- In good health
- 120 lbs. minimum weight first time donor or 110 lbs. minimum weight if donated before
Blood safety rules require that individuals may not donate if they have:
- Been exposed to the hepatitis or AIDS viruses.
- Had a major illness or surgery in past year.
- Had body piercing or a tattoo (unless meets certain criteria) in the past year. Donating after body piercing or a tattoo is acceptable if the Garth Englund Blood Donation Center has a letter from your tattoo or piercing artist on file stating they use sterile-needle standards.
- If you have given birth, had a miscarriage or abortion in the past six weeks, or are currently pregnant.
- Been to a malaria-risk country in the past year. If you’ve traveled to Mexico, check with us about donating; the rules have changed and there are fewer restrictions.
- Lived in the United Kingdom and certain U.K. overseas possessions from 1980 to 1996 for periods of time that add up to a total of three months.
- Received a blood transfusion in the United Kingdom since 1980.
- Lived or worked on a U.S. military base in eight other European countries for periods of time that add up to a total of six months.
The years of residence vary by country, but are either 1980 to 1990 or 1980 to 1996.
- Lived or stayed in continental Europe between 1980 and 1996 for periods of time that add up to a total of five years.