Offers the following services:
- Rental and foreclosure prevention counseling
- Fitness programs including basketball and volleyball
- Lunches and recreational activities for seniors 60 years old and older
Services offered during the summer:
- Food box distribution every other Tuesday for individuals and families
- Lunches for youth ages 18 years old and younger
To empower people, improve the quality of their lives, and advance human rights by tackling difficult community issues at little or no cost to clients.
In 1987, residents of Westwood, led in part by current SWIC Executive Director Jan Marie Belle, formed a grassroots organization dedicated to serving the people of Southwest Denver. Calling themselves the SouthWest Improvement Council (SWIC), these early pioneers cleaned up yards and alleys, painted over graffiti, and reached out to home-bound elders.
Statewide (Fitness Programs, Food Box Distribution, Housing Counseling); Denver County (Senior Services, Community Engagement and Civic Responsibility)