The Arc of Larimer County offers advocacy for people of all ages who have an intellectual/developmental disability (ID/DD). The Arc of Larimer County supports adults with ID/DD to advocate for themselves, also guardians and parents to advocate for their children with ID/DD in the following ways by:
- Helping clients understand laws, rules, and regulations that govern services
- Offering a listening ear for life successes and struggles
- Empowering individuals and families with information and skills
- Determining services available for individuals and offering support in accessing them
- Assisting with follow-up to assure they're receiving appropriate services
relating to SSDI, Medicaid, Long Term Care, Vocational Rehabilitation, and Early Intervention programs
- Protecting human and civil rights and provide opportunities for inclusion such as attending IEP meetings, service planning, and any other meeting to provide support
- Facilitating conflict resolution
To promote and protect the civil rights and overall well-being of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities through individual and systematic advocacy and education to foster lifelong inclusion in every aspect of community life.
Call for an appointment.
English, Spanish, American Sign Language
Individuals living with intellectual/developmental disabilities and their families.